1. Federal Reserve cuts interest rates: The Federal Reserve made several interest rate cuts in response to the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, providing stimulus to the US economy and global financial markets.
2. European Central Bank expands bond-buying program: The ECB increased its bond purchases and launched new stimulus measures to support the Eurozone economy, including emergency bond purchase programs to stabilize financial markets.
3. Bank of England’s emergency rate cuts: The Bank of England implemented emergency interest rate cuts and increased bond purchases to limit the economic fallout from COVID-19 and to stimulate business and consumer spending.
4. People’s Bank of China cuts rates and reserve requirements: The People’s Bank of China lowered interest rates and reserve requirements to boost liquidity, support businesses, and counter the economic impact of the pandemic.
5. Reserve Bank of Australia introduces unconventional policies: The RBA implemented a bond purchase program and introduced a monetary policy targeted at the yield on 3-year government bonds to assist the Australian economy during the COVID-19 crisis.
6. Bank of Japan’s response to COVID-19: The Bank of Japan expanded asset purchase programs and provided ample liquidity to stabilize financial markets and support the Japanese economy during the pandemic.
7. Reserve Bank of India’s rate cuts: The RBI cut interest rates to stimulate investment and consumption, and introduced various liquidity measures to ease financial conditions and support the Indian economy.
8. Bank of Canada’s emergency actions: The Bank of Canada implemented multiple interest rate cuts and launched large-scale asset purchase programs to support the Canadian economy during the COVID-19 crisis.
9. Swiss National Bank’s interventions: The Swiss National Bank intervened in currency markets to keep the Swiss franc from appreciating too much, protecting Swiss exporters and supporting the Swiss economy.
10. Central Bank of Brazil’s rate cuts and QE: The Central Bank of Brazil implemented significant interest rate cuts and initiated quantitative easing measures to boost liquidity and mitigate the economic impact of the pandemic.